The Listening Garden

The Listening Garden

Friday, October 3, 2008

Cy Rawls

I just think about his smile and his eyes, and how little he had to say to be an integral part of our music scene and community of friends.

I've put a memory book in a metal lunchbox at the garden for Cy's friends to write a little if they feel like it, and will pass the journal and any mementos anyone leaves on to Cy's family at the memorial service.

I had many thoughts about consciousness when I sat and thought about Cy in the garden. The wind is so full of presence and life that I felt him there and know that he must be in a place of beauty and peace.
Again, I met some visitors who didn't know Cy, but asked about him when they saw the dedication sign I put up. We had a very substantial conversation about life and God and the importance of listening to your inner voice and following your own path, which I know Cy always did.

1 comment:

KFC said...

This is a very beautiful post, Shannon. I plan to spend a lot of quality time there this weekend. Thank you for giving us this opportunity.